New Monarch Foundation partners seven UK charities
Monarch Airlines is proud to announce the launch of an important new charitable initiative for the Monarch Group, called the Monarch Foundation.
The Monarch Foundation has been formed by The Monarch Group, the UK’s leading independent travel group, comprising Monarch Airlines, Cosmos Holidays and Monarch Aircraft Engineering.
The Monarch Foundation will build on the generous activity which already takes place within the Group and amongst its millions of customers. For instance, during its 24-year association with Macmillan Cancer Support, airline passengers and employees of the Group have raised over £3 million for the charity, and in the last few years some £500,000 in money and donations in-kind has been given to a variety of charities by the Group.
The Monarch Foundation aims to partner with charities which support the causes of: disadvantaged families; children and young people; education; environment and sustainability; and injured service people and their families. The charities selected by The Monarch Foundation, which it will be a partner to from 2013, are:
• When You Wish Upon A Star – specialising in making dreams come true for children with life-threatening illnesses
• Children in Need – providing grants to over 2,500 projects in the UK which focus on disadvantaged children and young people
• Toe in the Water – inspiring service men and women who have sustained often traumatic injuries to move beyond their disability and to become re-inspired by life
• The Homeless World Cup – using the power of football to energise homeless people so they can change their own lives
• Dick Camplin Education Trust – providing scholarships for financially disadvantaged students, who have gained places at university, having attended Salford City College or Loreto College in Manchester
The Monarch Foundation will, on an annual basis, invite submissions from additional charities which operate within its five main mandated areas and, where successful, new charities will be adopted on to the Charity List each May for a period of up to three years.
The Monarch Foundation is supporting its charity partners by using a range of resources at the disposal of The Monarch Group, including money and financial support, skills transfer, benefits in kind, volunteering, ambassadorship and networking.