Join our customer services director Charlene Kane for a LIVE Facebook chat about baggage on Monday!
Here at Monarch we’re always looking for ways to get to know you better, so we can make improvements to our services that suit your needs. We’ve learned a lot in the last year by listening to your thoughts on social media and feeding them back to various departments to improve your experience.
One of the most topical issues we’ve discussed this year is around baggage – be it luggage allowance, lost luggage, luggage costs and more. We’d love you to join us to tell us what you think.
Special event: Facebook chat about baggage
Lead by: Monarch Customer Services Director Charlene Kane
Date: Monday 29th October
Location: The Wall at www.facebook.com/monarch
Here’s how it works
- Help us to prepare by sending your questions about cabin baggage (AKA carry-on) or hold luggage (your checked-in bags) by email to email@example.com (not compulsory)
- Equally, feel free to pop a question in the comments below
- Meet us at www.facebook.com/monarch on Monday 29 October between 12:30pm-1:30pm.
- Watch our for our post announcing Charlene’s ready to chat.
- When you see this announcement, add your question as a comment on this post.
- Please note: Please don’t post other separate questions relating to the chat on our wall as it’s rather easy to confuse us!
What are we going to be talking about?
We don’t like to put you on the spot, so here are a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing and your thinking cap thinking, before the live event:
- What do you think about our new cabin baggage policy which comes into effect 1 November?
- What sorts of issues do you face with baggage when you fly?
- Is there something we can do to improve your experience around baggage?
- Are there services around transporting baggage that you’d like us to consider?
- Do you wish we would do something different with baggage policies in general? Bring your ideas along!
Contingency plans & community rules
- This is a great opportunity to tell Charlene what you think of our baggage policies. Please try to offer constructive feedback and explain what it is you like or dislike so that we can make changes accordingly. We will seriously consider all reasonable ideas and requests, but we can’t promise we’ll be able to implement all of them
- Please stick to the topic because in the limited time we’ll have, we won’t be able to answer anything off topic
- Charlene will try to answer as many on topic questions as possible, that we receive by 1:30pm. If she can’t answer everything, we’ll answer as many as we can later here on our blog
- Charlene will try to answer your questions personally, but if we receive multiple questions about roughly the same topic, we’ll try to answer them all together as a theme
- Please only post your question once – we’ll see it there even if we don’t answer it immediately. We’ll do our best to pick it up on the blog later if there’s not time to reply
- Please stick to the normal rules of friendly engagement, i.e. be friendly to other people in the discussion even if you disagree with their point of view, use clean language and so on. Our full ‘safety card’ gives some overall guidance
- We are hoping for a lively, but friendly, debate. In the unlikely event of a “troll” turning up, we reserve the right to delete posts in order to minmise offense to other participants. We’re not in the business of deleting posts we don’t agree with