To celebrate our 48th birthday on 5 April, we created a fun quiz on the history of Monarch which included key dates and interesting facts. Some of you may recall that we invited all our followers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to test their knowledge. The quiz also had a competition element – at steak, a fabulous 48 hours in Gibraltar including return flights for two and a stay at the jaw-dropping luxury yacht hotel Sunborn Gibraltar!
If you missed it, here is the full quiz – the answers will be at the bottom of this post. Ready?
1. What year did Monarch commence commercial airline operation?
2. What were Monarch’s original colours?
a. Black & purple
b. Purple & yellow
c. Black & yellow
3. By 1972, Monarch was carrying _______ passengers a year.
4. The first Airbus A320 was introduced in…
5. The Monarch Engineering hangar in Birmingham is big enough to contain 450 double decker buses.
6. The brand-new Boeing 737 MAX 8 fleet is due to be introduced in…
We hope you found it fun! Out of all the entrants who answered all the questions correctly, we ran a random selection and we can reveal that the lucky prize winner is Mr T Kettle from Berkshire! Congratulations!
Whilst we’re sure that the winner will have a fabulous weekend in Gibraltar, don’t get disappointed quite yet – we have plenty more chances for you to win prizes with us. Stay tuned!