What are Mr and Mrs Claus thinking? What are they doing? Why aren’t they building toys or preparing reindeer or managing their elves? What are they wearing?
All questions that you could answer in your witty caption for this photo!
The caption that makes us laugh the loudest and longest, wins a free scheduled return flight for two. Get your thinking caps on and get involved – we need your entry by 16 December.
How to enter
Facebook – Visit the Caption Competition app on our Facebook page and enter your caption and details, and read other entries. It could be good to see what the competition are up to and get some inspiration…
Twitter- Send a tweet to @monarch with your caption, using the hashtag #captioncomp. Careful though, it’s best to stay within the 140 character limit.
Email – If you’re not on social media, send your caption in an email with your full contact details & telephone number to email@example.com
Ts & Cs
Please read carefully if you’re going to enter as this explains eligibility, the prize and more.
1. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win.
2. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please print a copy of this page to retain the terms and conditions for your records.
3. The competition is organised and administered by [Monarch Travel Group Limited].
4. The Promoter of this offer is [Monarch Airlines Limited (Company No: 00907593) of Prospect House, Prospect Way, London Luton Airport, Luton, LU2 9NU].
5. The competition is open to UK citizens and/or permanent residency holders. However, employees and their immediate families (being limited to spouses, parents and children) of the Promoter, their agencies and companies associated with this competition are not eligible to enter. All participants must be at least 18 years old at the time of entering the competition.
6. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Using a false name or address will result in disqualification.
7. To enter, participants must post a caption for the photo displayed on the Caption Contest app on the Promoter’s official Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/Monarch). Particpants can also enter by submitting a caption via Twitter to @monarch including the hashtag #captioncomp. Captions can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Explorer Magazine Caption Competition.
8. Captions must be no longer than 50 words (or 140 characters on Twitter). Participants can post more than one caption however each entrant can only win one prize.
9. Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity and sense of humour. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
10. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries (as determined by the Promoter) will be deemed invalid. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. The Promoter retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
11. Entrants are solely responsible for the information they provide and views they express on the Promoter’s Facebook account. The Promoter is not responsible for the user-generated content provided and does not endorse any user-generated views expressed on the web site.
12. Entries must not contain anything which is calculated to bring the Promoter or its associated companies into disrepute or that in any way violates applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
13. The Promoter is entitled to remove any user-generated content from the Promoter’s Facebook account immediately and without notice if a user is in breach of these terms and conditions, are instructed to do so by any third party or if the Promoter, in its sole and absolute discretion, is concerned by any content provided. Users are solely responsible for creating back up copies of any content submitted.
14. Entries must be received by [23:59] on [16 December 2012]. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Caption Contest application on Promoter’s Facebook account (www.facebook.com/Monarch), or in our email account or on Twitter.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any difficulty entrants may experience in navigating the Promoter’s Facebook page, or any other social media channels.
16. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are invalid, incomplete, illegible, lost or delayed in transit, or which fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of receipt.
17. By submitting an entry each entrant: (a) warrants and represents that he/she owns the rights to the content submitted and that the content submitted is: (i) original to him/her and has been legally obtained and created, (ii) does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (b) grants the Promoter a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual licence to, copy and reproduce the entry; and (c) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter against any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities relating to (but not limited to) any trade mark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation.
18. The Promoter will select one winner from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via email within [28 days] of the closing date. The winner must contact the Promoter to claim their prize within [14 days] of the date of the email notifying them that they have won. If the winner does not claim their prize within this timescale, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner up selected by the same judges. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements or these terms and conditions may result in forfeit of the prize.
19. The prize is non transferable and is to be used by the registered prize winner. No cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize will consist of [two return flight tickets] on the Promoter’s scheduled network departing from [any UK airport] to [any destination except Sharm el Sheikh]. The prize is inclusive of airport taxes. Booking is required for this prize. The prize is subject to availability during the prescribed period (being from [16 January 2013 ] to [30 April 2013]) and is unlikely to be available during peak periods including, but not limited to, Christmas, New Year, school and Bank holidays and Easter. The prize is valid until [30 April 2013]. All flight terms and conditions apply.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of email address or proof of entry validity in order to claim the prize. Proof of identification, email and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
21. The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements (such as but not limited to flight extras, in-flight meals, pre-allocated seats, accommodation and transportation by motor vehicle to and from the departing and destination airport) not specifically included in the prize.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter and/or withdraw this competition, including the prizes, at any time, for any reason. If the competition is cancelled a notice will be published on the Promoter’s Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/Monarch).
23. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each entrant is providing his/her information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
26. After the notification date, the name of the winner will be available by sending a self addressed envelope to [Explorer Magazine Caption Competition], [Monarch Airlines Limited/Monarch Travel Group Limited], Prospect House, Prospect Way, London Luton Airport, Luton, LU2 9NU.
27. These terms and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these rules (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issue.